We all know that trying to conceive can become quite stressful, especially when it takes longer than you ever thought it would.
Follow these easy tips that will help you to feel relaxed and to feel pampered (and share with others). Spring is here and it’s time to revive our skin and our senses. Relax and enjoy making your skin soft and radiant, your hair smooth and shiny, and your anxieties melt away, if even for just a moment with these DIY Spa at Home tips and tricks!
- Warm up your moisturizing lotion before and/or during your shower by placing it in front of a heating vent or on a radiator. It’ll will feel warm and will blend into your skin much easier. (Note: the lotion will be a lot runnier than before and test the temperature on your arm first).
- For soft skin all over, use a natural sugar scrub on the body before you shower. Try this sugar scrub recipe, use coconut oil to replenish moisture (and a nice smell), brown sugar to scrub away dirt and dead skin cells, and lemon juice to help exfoliate and to even out skin tone (also the smell is very fresh).
- Turn your bathroom into a soothing sauna by running water at its hottest for 20 minutes (be sure to check temperature before stepping in!). Set the mood by lighting fragrant candles and turning the lights out.
- Get shiny restored hair with Coconut oil for conditioner. Leave coconut oil in your hair over night or if you’re low on time put a heat cap on over your hair after applying the oil. This will protect new growth, strengthen your hair and give you a really nice shine.
- For clear, even skin mix 1 mashed banana, 2 tbsp. heavy cream, 1.5 tbsp. honey, 1.5 tbsp. flour, and 1 tbsp. of water. Mix all but the water into a nice mousse; finish the mask by adding in the water at the end. This mixture can help to reduce any stress induced redness or blotchiness.
- To even out skin with freshly cut lemon, rub the lemon on rough elbows and knees.
- As a night treatment for dry skin use vitamin E oil and olive oil for moisture and healing in your skin. Vitamin E oil contains antioxidants that help to heal and olive oil contains oleic acid which helps the skin become more permeable allowing it to hold moisture longer.
- To keep your face moisturized, clean and clear, take off all makeup with an oil based make-up remover with cotton rounds, then use a gentle daily face cleanser. Make sure to change your pillowcases often; there can be a lot of bacteria build up on them. Eew!
- To get rid of any blemishes, apply a dot of mint toothpaste on pimples overnight. The mint and clay will dry up the blemish overnight and help to prevent scarring.
- To look ready to take on the day and like you actually got that eight hours of sleep, reduce dark circles and puffiness with cotton rounds soaked in iced green tea. Apply the tea soaked cotton rounds to your eyes and let them sit for a few minutes. The caffeine will help lessen the look of blood vessels while the antioxidants will reduce any inflammation or puffiness around the eyes.
- For soft lip mix white sugar, raw cacao powder and raw honey then apply to your lips and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then scrub and wash all that dead skin away! This gets rid of any dead skin cells and replenishes with moisture leaving your lips soft and plump.
- For stronger nails and softer, moisturized cuticles, try making this DIY Cuticle Cream that can also be used as a lip balm. You’ll need: a tin to store it, 1.5 oz. beeswax, 3 oz. carrier oil, and 1 tbsp. honey. Melt the beeswax and carrier oil together in the microwave, then add honey, pour into the tin and let it sit at room temperature until it hardens.