Chances are if you do not suffer from Endometriosis, you have a relative, friend and/or co-worker that does. It is estimated that millions of women worldwide suffer from it.
What is Endometriosis?
- Abnormal growth of endometrial cells outside of the uterus. The cells will attach themselves/implant to tissue outside of the uterus (ovaries, Fallopian tubes, etc.) and cause pelvic pain.
- Primarily affects women in their reproductive years, but some cases have been as early as teenage years.
- Pelvic Pain
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Lower back pain during periods
Contact your doctor if you feel you experience symptoms similar to those above. Wear your yellow ribbon for Endometriosis awareness this month of march! For more information check out the Resolve site that has some great information on Endometriosis- http://www.resolvenewengland.org/2012/03/march-is-endometriosis-awareness-month/